Senior Treasury Analyst at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.Job Description
Responsible for analyzing/developing short- and long-term funding plans, liquidity planning, and Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR).
- Conducts a wide range of analysis, modeling, and forecasting that support Liquidity Management including developing peer liquidity and funding benchmarking
- Run liquidity processes such as measuring the firm’s Liquidity Coverage Ratio, annual liquidity risk limits and buffer sizing, and ensuring appropriate contingency funding plans are in place in times of stress
- Proactively engages with a wide range of business partners in the development of liquidity strategies across a range of business as usual and stress scenarios to guide decision-making
- Develop subject matter expertise around liquidity regulations such as Dodd-Frank Enhanced Prudential Standards, LCR, and NSFR.
- Contributes to high-level reporting functions in Treasury and provides timely updates that allow senior management to effectively manage risks.
- Proactively manages ongoing regulatory and strategic requirements designed to mitigate risk through the economic cycle.
- Assists in the development of key strategic communications to a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Conducts a wide range of analysis that support Asset Liability Measurement, Funds Transfer Pricing, Funding Analytics, Interest Rate Risk Management, Capital Planning, Liquidity Analysis, and Balance Sheet Analysis.
- Responsible for the accuracy, reasonableness, and constancy of data and assumptions used for modeling balance sheet activities.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in General Business, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Financial Analysis and/or Banking/Financial Services
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Financial Analysis and/or Banking/Financial Services
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Experience in the area of liquidity risk management and a track record of providing thought leadership around liquidity risk management
- Proficient with regulatory standards specifically around Basel, Federal Reserve, and FDIC requirements around liquidity management
- Ability to meet tight timelines and project management deadlines in a fast paced environment including ability to adapt to a rapidly evolving regulatory environment
- Knowledge of Treasury activities, both practical and theoretical
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to research, formulate ideas, and develop actionable insights
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to break down complex topics into easy to understand presentations
- High-performance, high-quality approach to managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with MS Office, SNL, Essbase and other related tools
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.