Specialist, Accounts Payable at Oak Street Health
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:55 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Location: Downtown Chicago (30 W. Monroe St.)
The mission of Oak Street Health is to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
We are a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers delivering higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare.
The Oak Street model integrates outstanding clinical expertise, technology, and teamwork to deliver improved care quality and cost savings. These cost savings are then reinvested into care in our communities, creating a virtuous cycle of improving community health.
We are a national organization serving over 100,000 patients and we are growing rapidly . We are a diverse team of care providers, service team members, technologists, community outreach experts, business professionals, and more -- all dedicated to our Oaky Values and motivated by our mission. We're looking forward to getting to know you!
For more information, visit www.oakstreethealth.com .
The Accounts Payable Specialist will immediately become an important contributor to the Oak Street Health team. The ideal candidate will have strong relationship skills, be self-directed, and enjoy working with a team in a fast-paced environment, while bringing their experience and innovative ideas. This position will report directly to the Accounting Manager.
- Receiving and processing invoices for payment; ensuring timely and accurate input of data into the company's general ledger system, Workday
- Preparing paperwork and securing the proper W-9 documentation for new vendor requests
- Answering inquiries from vendors concerning open A/P items
- Assisting in initiating payments to vendors in accordance with the company's payment schedule
- Assisting with the company's bank reconciliation process
- Managing vendor relationships and evaluate vendor performance
- Supporting and answering employee inquiries regarding the company's employee expense process
- Managing and administering the company's credit card program
- Assisting with 1099 processes
- Performing various spend and budget analysis
- Other duties, as assigned
What are we looking for?
We're looking for motivated individuals with:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent work experience
- Healthcare experience a plus
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills and impeccable business judgment and integrity
- Ability to independently pursue and implement solutions to complex problems
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel; experience with Workday ERP a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to be personable yet persistent
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being "Oaky".
What does being "Oaky" look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.