Our people are core to everything we do - the catalyst behind our ability to create exceptional impact and extraordinary results.
We believe in flexibility. We focus on relationships. We encourage each individual to follow their own path. And we seek feedback openly, from all.
People matter here and they feel it.
And we value curiosity. Curious is more than a personality trait. It's a way of thinking. Of learning. Of working.
There's purpose in this wonder. It makes us better. It makes us Wipfli.
If you want to be in an environment where you can make a difference - and make a professional home - Wipfli is the place for you.
Check out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear what people are saying about employment at Wipfli!
Description: If you have experience in private/outsourced accounting with Tribal or Casino enterprises, then this position is for you! We are looking for Senior Accountants and Managers who are seeking a leadership opportunity that will allow them to develop the technical skills necessary to advance their professional career.
*FAST: Wipfli's Financial Accounting Solutions Team takes the stress away from accounting with innovative, client-focused, outsourced accounting services. From day-to-day accounting to preparing financial reports and providing financial analysis and advice, Wipfli manages the client accounting function with deep experience and a commitment to helping you achieve success.
This position is open to multiple locations including Remote, travel required
- General ledger preparation, reconciliation and transactional level review, financial reporting for review for casino and tribal clients
- Prepare and finalize month end close
- Prepare and/or review workpapers and schedules to ensure audit readiness
- Provide onsite services as requested by client
- Participate in cross utilization of teams and/or lead software implementations, conversions and setups as assigned
- Completion and/or review of debt, assets, gaming revenue workpapers
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients and their personnel
- Obtain client expectations from management team and develop plan to meet client expectations
- Calculate project hour/cost budgets
- Act as a Peer Advisor and mentor for new staff and provide valuable feedback
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required
- 3+ years of experience in public accounting/auditing (or outsourced)
- Experience working with Tribal or Casino enterprises and familiarity with GASB
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, citizenship status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws . #LI-DC1