Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food delivery startup headquartered in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
About The Role
If you’re a proactive and self-motivated person, this is the role for you. Progressive experience in accounting operations, internal controls and financial systems is required, as well as the ability to interact with all levels of management and cross-functional teams in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, both internally and externally. The primary responsibility of this role is to be responsible over the month-end close, financial reporting and analysis, and tax filings for the Australia entity. This role will report directly to the Accounting Manager based in the United States.
What you Will Do
- Prepare monthly and quarterly journal entries, reconciliations, and account analysis with high attention to detail and in accordance with GAAP standards and local statutory requirements with a focus on Chowbus Australia
- Understand differences between US GAAP and other international accounting principles
- Analyze intercompany relationships to ensure transactions are eliminated properly
- Review and coach junior accounting staff in their tasks and deliverables
- Assist Accounting Manager with workflow implementation and improvements
- Identify areas for continuous improvement, seek solutions, and present to management
- Perform research over technical accounting or tax compliance areas to present to management
- Assist in providing deliverables to external auditor and firms on annual audits and quarterly reviews for specific accounting areas owned
- Assist in preparation and review of tax and regulatory filings as needed
- Assist with ad-hoc requests and projects as needed
What You Will Need
- 4+ years of progressive accounting experience; preferably a combination of tech/venture backed/growth stage startup and public accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA certification or equivalent
- Advanced spreadsheet skills with the ability to manipulate and digest large amounts of data
- Strong systems knowledge and preferably experience with XERO/Quickbook/Tableau
- Results oriented with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a team player
- Experience coaching and supervising junior staff
- Mandarin language skill is preferred but not required
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.