Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for supporting the Payroll team in coordinating and monitoring all US payroll tax withholdings and filings, as well as assisting the Finance Team with balancing the payroll general ledger accounts.Responsibilities
- Supports the larger Payroll Team in the coordinating and monitoring payroll reconciliations and reporting for a biweekly payroll of 16,000 US employees. Responsible for the accuracy of payroll accounting through the general ledger. Oversees year-end W-2 and W-2c reporting and assists the Payroll Team with projects as assigned.
- Manages monthly reconciliations of the payroll-related general ledger accounts and ensures the accuracy of general ledger postings.
- Oversees the completeness and accuracy of all payroll tax returns and filings, and act as primary liaison with third-party tax filing provider. Ensures accurate and timely funding of payroll and tax liabilities and manages reconciliations of tax and garnishment payments administered by a third party.
- Researches all payroll tax-related issues and correspondence.
- Maintains internal payroll controls and provides support for audits to ensure compliance with corporate policies/procedures as well as federal, state, and local tax requirements.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Associate's Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of experience in accounting and payroll tax
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in payroll tax; 4+ years of experience in payroll accounting
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of experience in accounting and payroll tax
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors
- Experience with Workday & ADP Smart Compliance Portal
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.