Sr. Business Continuity Specialist at Alliant Credit Union
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
We’re not a typical financial institution – we’re better. We’re an innovative, fun-loving, highly-engaged group of professionals that are committed to our company and the communities we do business in. We love to recognize and celebrate each other.
Over 90% of our employees say we are a great workplace that is focused on our mission, vision and the future of banking.
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for continuing to develop and mature Alliant’s resiliency by assisting with all aspects of Alliant’s Business Continuity Program which includes Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Incident Management, Physical Security and Life Safety. The role will focus on the improvement and maintenance of each of those program lifecycles, at the direction of the Manager, Business Continuity & Crisis Management. Responsibilities include managing the Business Impact Analysis and Business Continuity Plan lifecycle for all Alliant departments to ensure compliance with business objectives and regulations. Additionally, the incumbent is accountable for all BCM Tools used for planning and notification purposes. Secondarily, the specialist will support Disaster Recovery Planning and Testing efforts and will assist with managing incidents impacting normal business operations that require the activation of the Alliant Incident Response Plan. The Senior Business Continuity Specialist will have a deep knowledge of business continuity and is comfortable working in a collaborative, team environment.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Partner with leadership, subject matter specialists, and business continuity coordinators to perform and evaluate business impact analyses, risk assessments and business continuity plans for each functional area
- System Administrator for the Emergency Notification and Business Continuity Planning Tool
- Coordinate and monitor all project management activities to execute all phases of the full business continuity program lifecycle from program initiation through operational status for all plans
- Develop and maintain metric reporting on all BCM program components including regulatory reporting, as necessary
- Create training and awareness presentations, videos and communications for all program components and deliver in person training during meetings, workshops and tabletop exercises
- Support Alliant leadership by upholding crisis management and incident response teams in the coordination and execution of all business continuity and incident response plans and related activities
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the business processes, assets, facilities, responsibilities, regulatory requirements and interdependencies of the organization
- Coordinate with the Information Technology department to ensure alignment between the disaster recovery and business continuity programs
- Assist with the development of exercises and maintain disaster recovery plans for all critical systems
- Assist with the development of program policies, procedures and standards for all program components
- Perform continuous monitoring of program activities to identify areas of opportunity for improvement, cost reduction, and enhanced operational efficiency
- Assist with preparation for, participation in and follow up after internal and external audits
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Finance or other related discipline, required, 3+ years’ experience managing aspects of Business Continuity, Incident Management and Disaster Recovery programs in medium to large sized companies, and you have:
- Comfortable communicating with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Financial services experience preferred
- Well-developed project planning, management and scheduling skills sufficient to prioritize projects and meet aggressive deadlines
- Adept multi-tasker that exhibits a team-oriented approach to solving problems and driving change
- Business Continuity Planning and Emergency Notification System tool skills, required
- Certification in business continuity and disaster recovery, such as Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) from the Disaster Recovery Institute International (DRII), preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule outside of traditional business hours with limited advance notice during testing and training exercises and to run/attend incident calls, as required by incident
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off