Sr Commissions Analyst at Echo Global Logistics
At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
We are seeking a Senior Commissions Analyst to fill an opening on our growing Incentive Compensation team, based in downtown Chicago. Reporting to the Incentive Compensation Manager, this role will support the Sales, Finance, and Accounting organizations by ensuring timely and accurate commission calculations and payments. To be successful in this role, organizational skills and attention to detail are essential. Your main priorities will include maintaining our commissions-processing system (via headcount management, system updates and adjustments, etc.), acting as the primary point of contact for commission-related inquiries, as well as managing a large portion of the monthly close and financial reporting process. The ideal candidate will have a highly analytical mindset and thrives in a team-based environment, but also has the ability to operate independently and take ownership of their assigned responsibilities. This role will have a high level of organizational visibility, as you will be working closely with members of management across a number of departments within Echo, as well as responding to day-to-day inquiries from members of the sales force.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar discipline
- 2-4 years of experience in Compensation, Finance, Accounting, HR, Logistics, or related field
- Microsoft Office proficiency, with expert-level understanding of Excel functionality, including the ability to analyze large amounts of data and find meaningful trends; knowledge or familiarity with Tableau, SQL, and/or Incentive Compensation systems (particularly IBM/Varicent) is required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively and persuasively relay complex and/or technical information to those with a limited knowledge of compensation-related policies and concepts
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to succeed and achieve goals, as well as the willingness and ability to continuously learn new skills and take on added responsibilities
- Team player willing to put in extra work when necessary to help the team meet their objectives and deadlines