Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for intelligent, driven professionals to lead the Merchant Pricing team. Merchant Pricing is responsible for enabling efficient value exchange between merchants and consumers through innovative and strategic pricing solutions and building best practices.
In this role, you will own Affirm’s merchant base and help achieve profitability targets while managing risk and will collaborate with our Credit, Product, Engineering, Applied Machine Learning, Commercial, Finance and Capital Markets teams! The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with solid knowledge of analytical tools, as well as interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive forward recommendations. The role will report directly to the SVP Finance and will have substantial leadership exposure across a 12 person team. We are eager to meet driven candidates who crave impact, thrive in ambiguity, and want to experience a well-funded start-up in hyper-growth.
What you'll do
- Hire, coach and scale a high performing pricing team to meet the demands and growth of the company
- Define mission and vision for the team; own all pricing and profitability initiatives working with cross-functional teams to drive user growth, generate revenue and improve margins.
- Own the strategy for both quantitative and qualitative data to develop competitive pricing strategies for both new and existing products as well as new markets.
- Identify areas to drive product monetization; understand the trade-off between price, volume, risk, and develop strategies to maximize user growth and CLTV
- Lead cross-functional teams to price merchants and strategic partners.
- Own Go-to-Market merchant pricing strategies for different verticals, products, and platforms
- Own roadmap of pricing optimization and monitoring infrastructure; and leverage this infrastructure, to assess, define, and scale pricing opportunities for different verticals
- Leverage automation and models to streamline merchant pricing processes
What we look for
- 12+ years of experience in an analytically-driven strategy role (management consulting, finance, analytics, credit, etc.)
- 3+ years of strategic pricing experience with planning and delivery in both a direct and channel-sales centric environment
- 3+ years of management experience and growing high performing teams
- Proactive leader who can seek out new opportunities, drive projects, navigate ambiguity and develop creative solutions with minimal guidance
- Strong working knowledge of analytical tools, such as SQL and Python
- Ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- Experience in producing BI reports, such as Looker and Tableau is a plus
- Strong Communication - ability to present, recommend, and influence senior leaders through data, insight and persuasion particularly related to product go-to-market strategies
- Personal Drive - willingness and desire to go the extra mile in uncovering and solving difficult business problems, even when it lies outside traditional boundaries
- Team Player - willingness and desire to be part of a strong team and contribute to a strong culture within and across organizations
- Intelligence + Humility. Hubris is the fastest way to blow up a bank!
- Grit. Lots of grit. You’ll wear 7 hats and not love all of them