Sr. Director Quantitative Markets at Affirm
Affirm's Capital team is looking for a leader of the Quantitative Markets team with strong expertise in Loan Portfolio and Credit Analytics. You'll be responsible for performing all aspects of the global loan portfolio analytics and leading a multi-functional team that collaborates closely with Credit, Merchant Pricing, Treasury, and Capital Markets to develop analytical and monitoring tools for managing our credit portfolio. The ideal candidate will have a deep technical understanding of consumer credit analysis in the context of a structured finance environment.
What You'll Do:
The role's main responsibilities are:
- Oversee credit portfolio optimization, incorporating understanding of underwriting and servicing systems and policy
- Provide approach for incorporating macroeconomic understanding into loan performance expectations at Affirm
- Continuously evaluate credit performance data to address weaknesses, identify growth opportunities, and mitigate risks and expected loss rates
- Build and guide development; run and document loss prediction models for evaluating trade-offs between growth and credit, global credit products using internal performance data and various macroeconomic inputs
- Communicate complicated analytical results to cross-functional and senior management stakeholders
- Collaborate with Capital Markets and Treasury functions to evaluate trade-offs between loan product expansion and funding capacity needs
- Participate in monthly/quarterly reserve setting process with Finance and Accounting
- Monitor global portfolio performance to ensure it is within Affirm's Credit Risk Appetite
- Provide insights and recommendations to management around portfolio quality
- Foster a team culture of continuous improvement and technical excellence as we grow and scale the business in a prudent manner by focusing on the development, retention and recruitment of high performing talent
What We Look For:
- Demonstrated people management experience leading an analytical function, ideally within structured finance
- Team leadership approach that serves to maintain a team culture of technical excellence, continuous improvement, and analytical rigor
- Strong proficiency in hands-on data analysis like SQL/Pandas and background in machine learning; experience developing and implementing analytical methods is a plus
- Experience leading, mentoring, and motivating team members at all career levels
- Ability to collaborate with and influence decision making across different parts of an organization, as well as across all levels of seniority
- Integrity, empathy, and self-awareness. Hubris is the fastest way to blow up a business!
- Curiosity and passion for driving honest finance
- Standout colleague and leader - you go out of your way to support teammates; you win when the team wins
Location - Remote U.S.
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.