Sr. Financial Analyst, National Field Finance
About the Department
US Finance is comprised of over one hundred financial professionals who handle all financial activity, accounting transactions, economic policy, reporting, planning, and analysis for McDonald's USA, LLC. The various groups within the department work together to provide in-depth financial reporting for both the Company and its franchisees. The group will further preserve the internal control environment, develop financial strategies to complement the real estate portfolio, and plan for the various business unit's capital, G&A and operating income goals. The group provides economic analysis on new business introductions such as menu, equipment, and operating procedures, analyzes the overall QSR environment including McDonald’s impact amongst its competitors and manage the investment portfolio for McOpCo.
About the Opportunity
Within US Finance, the National Field Finance (NFF) team is a valued business partner with Field Offices, Zones and the US Controller Group (USCG). NFF role includes fostering an environment for the Field Offices to share best practices, identify systemic solutions, and seek efficiencies. The team performs centralized Field Finance functions including Franchisee financial health monitoring, restaurant sales analysis, real estate development support, and financial analysis for franchisee business reviews.
This position provides an outstanding opportunity for an individual to be an integral part of a winning team and collaborate with departments within USCG, as well as, across the McDonald’s U.S. business. Responsibilities include:
- Primary point of contact for assigned Field Office responsible for completing multiple processes that support Franchisee Financial Health and overall restaurant profitability.
- Support all NFF identified policies and procedures including: Franchisee Business Reviews, Restaurant Valuations, Restaurant Sale Transactions.
- Support the financial components of the franchise rewrites process and other Ad Hoc support/requests.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert and Analyze/Maintain all McDonald’s Economic Financial Rules, Regulations, and Procedures.
- Collaborate with other Departments (Franchising, Treasury, Legal, Restaurant Development, Franchise Business Partners within Restaurant Operations, etc.)
US Field Office Finance Teams, US Controller Group, Global Business Services, US Development and Asset Management Teams, US Franchising, and Franchise Practice Group
- 4 year degree required in Accounting/Finance (CPA and/or MBA preferred)
- 3+ years of meaningful accounting and/or finance experience
- Strong interpersonal skills to get along with various disciplines and levels
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and can express ideas effectively
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize competing priorities
- Operates effectively in a team environment with remote workers
- Proficient with the Microsoft Suite of Products including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Must be relocatable within the continental US for an assignment in one of the ten US Field Offices in the next 2 to 4 years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.