Sr. Financial Analyst at Ensono (West Suburbs, IL or Remote)
Seeking a full time Sr. Financial Analyst with 3-7 years of experience to join a rapidly growing IT services company in Downers Grove, IL. This person would report directly to the Director of Investing and would be responsible for developing client specific Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) Analysis as well as a tool to estimate TCO from company’s base offerings with minimal manual intervention. The candidate must be highly organized, proficient in Excel, have a strong knowledge of Managed Services and IT outsourcing (Mainframe, Distributed and Cloud) as well as experience with costing and financial statements. Ideally, the candidate would be located near our headquarters in Downers Grove, IL, though remote candidates will also be considered. Prior investment banking or consulting experience is a huge plus.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement strategies that help identify opportunities to achieve TCO goals.
- Produce financial models and support decision framework development to carry out options appraisal based on whole life costs.
- Strong ability to interface with client team to properly collect relevant datapoints necessary to build a customer specific TCO
- Preparing documents as required by commercial team to properly convey value, benefit and differentiation of companies’ product offering vs clients DIY, internal base case or BATNA
- Analyzing existing cost data and producing benchmark information.
- Create an “automated” TCO tool to estimate theoretical client cost based on company’s proposed solution
- Develop process to catalogue data and construct a knowledge base at the company of both client and competitive benchmarks to help feed TCO tool
- Reconciling actual costs against original estimates.
- Provide input into value engineering exercises.
- Conduct background research, data collection and benchmarking against historical system data.
- Undertaking deep dive analysis of live data to identify outliers, trends, and calculate key
- performance measures.
- Preparing written project communication materials including charts and presentation decks.
- Liaising with the client and project delivery managers to provide guidance on data management
- Respond to ad hoc requests for data and reports.
- Work across various departments including Product, Operations Procurement, to obtain critical data for TCO Analysis
- Minimum of 3-7 years of related experience
- Prior experience in Hybrid IT and managed services
- Highly Proficient in Excel and Powerpoint
- Highly organized
- Problem Solving and inquisitive nature
- Strong desire to learn
- Critical Thinking
- Ability to derive insights and handle ambiguity from limited data sets
- Ability to develop and communicate clear models to represent business situations and summarize key ideas to both financial and non-financial counterparts
- Attention to detail to develop accurate reports and analyses
- Strong sense of ownership to drive positive business results and personal growth
- Ability to work with counterparts globally, including stakeholders in other regions (i.e., UK and India)
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a Data Sciences field
- Prior experience building Total Cost of Ownership models in an IT outsourcing environment