Sr. Financial Analyst
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis cultivator, processor and dispensary operator, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis nationwide while giving back to the communities in which it serves. As a vertically integrated company, GTI manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™ dispensaries. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has eight manufacturing facilities and licenses for 60 retail locations across eight highly regulated U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs over 500 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
As a Sr. Analyst with GTI you will help execute on key corporate finance decisions, including analysis over market objectives, operational performance (with respective comparison to market / industry performance), and budgeting requirements. You will gather relevant data, build and support operational models, and engage in active dialogue with the leadership team regarding our past, present, and future financial performance.
- Monitor the business KPIs and drivers for our business and understand, highlight, and investigate any causes of variance
- Support the actual, forecast, earnings release, and budgeting process for all aspects of the GTI business from manufacturing to retail
- Conduct internal data analysis on dispensary sales and provide summarized reports on our business targets and recommend actions
- Consolidate and analyze financial data such as budgets and income statement forecasts to evaluate and execute against GTI’s goals
- Maintain and improve the tools and systems for our financial and accounting reporting, and provide recommendations to automate the monthly reporting packages where possible
- Interact with management teams and advisors on ad hoc requests and projects
- Assist with quarterly investor updates and presentations
- Drive process improvement and policy development
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics or other related degree
- 3+ years of experience in FP&A, corporate finance, investment banking, private equity, or principal investment (hedge fund)
- Proven experience using data visualization tools such as Tableau, Cognos, or a related software
- Strong financial modeling skills and excellent Excel knowledge
- Ability to build relationships and credibility with team members at various levels within our org
- Willingness to hustle; we operate at a fast pace and we expect team members to keep up
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
We can't wait to meet you!
Read Full Job Description