Sr. Manager, Analytics (Finance)
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
We are looking for a Sr. Manager, who will be instrumental in surfacing business trends and insights across the company. The Finance team is the analytical engine of the company - we find data-driven insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for leaders across the organization. We need data, reporting and analysis to do this! In this role, you will define and execute an operational strategy for improving accessibility to data and insights across the company. You will partner closely with business leaders to develop a deep understanding of their analytic needs, then create user-friendly tools to manage their businesses more effectively.
To succeed in this role, you must love working with large data sets and finding optimal ways to visualize data that helps make more informed decisions. You should also be highly adept at working cross-functionally with teams across an organization.
This role reports into the Sr. Director of Finance and Analytics.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Your team will be responsible for
- Overall data/reporting strategy to provide our business partners timely, flexible and structured access to data/insights
- Defining the data assets that enable analysis for departments across the company
- Partnering with business leaders to translate analytic needs into reporting requirements
- Building and maintaining dashboards/reporting sourced from multiple, large sources of data
- Identifying ways to simplify, automate and scale our current suite of reporting
- Driving data accessibility, accuracy and quality by partnering with our Data and Technology groups
- Finding data nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies that help us grow faster and generate more profit
You Should Have
- Deep experience in a fast-paced environment and an analytical/reporting role
- Strong understanding of SQL and Tableau. Willingness to be hands-on is critical as we grow this team
- Excellent knowledge of data warehouse principles and reporting
- Strong people management skills, with track record of effectively hiring and developing an analytic team
- Highly organized, communicative and able to prioritize and work to tight deadlines
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.