Sr. Manager, Finance & Analytics
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Grubhub is looking for an innately-curious, data-driven, self-starting Sr. Manager to oversee Business Analytics. This role will sit within the Finance team, the analytical engine of the company - we surface insights that drive strategy and optimal decision making for leaders across the organization. In this role, you will partner with departments across the company to conceptualize ambiguous business problems, distill data down into clear trends and conclusions, and leverage these conclusions to guide decision making. This role reports to the VP of Finance and Analytics.
To succeed in this role, you must be comfortable with complex problem solving, be able to juggle multiple priorities and be adept at driving decisions across multiple constituents.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Monitor KPIs, business drivers, and measure decision impacts for specific departments - Product, Technology, Logistics, Marketing and Sales
- Perform advanced analytics to better understand the critical drivers of our business – including but not limited to diner behavior, restaurant relationships, product engagement, and market-specific performance
- Effective analysis is only possible with good data - be a champion of data accessibility, accuracy and quality for the Finance team by partnering with our Data and Technology groups
- Be curious! Find data nuggets, trends and other analytical goodies that help us grow faster and generate more profit for the company
You Should Have
- BA/BS or MBA from top-tier University
- 7-10 years of experience in an analytical role, preferably within tech, consulting, or finance organizations
- Experience managing a team of direct reports
- Strong analytical skills with an ability to dive deep, summarize, and communicate important data
- Ability to balance attention to detail with expeditious execution
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- SQL skills required
- Tableau / data visualization is highly desirable
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here:DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.