Sr. Merchant Risk Analyst, Credit at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
As a Merchant Risk Analyst, you will assess financial risk related to credit, fraud and identity associated with the merchants. You will also coordinate with cross-functional partners to assess non-financial risk - brand, legal and compliance risk.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge or experience in e-commerce underwriting and/or commercial lending. They will also have a proven understanding of evaluating merchant financial risk based on 3rd party data, credit reports, and other merchant attributes. Prior work experience in payments, lending, banking or financial institutions is a plus!
What you'll do
- Assess brand, compliance, fraud and financial risk and resolve credit exposure risk on new and existing merchants
- Use business credit reports, financial statements, investigative research tools, and financial market data to conduct risk assessment of Affirm’s merchants
- Investigate and use new sources of third party data to assess merchant financial risk
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of credit, fraud, and dispute/chargeback trends by merchants
- Business Process Improvement: Demonstrate your knowledge to provide guidance towards the automation/improvements of merchant risk evaluation
What we look for
- 3+ years of experience in assessing merchant risk in a function such as Merchant/Seller Risk Management, Fraud, Collections, or Merchant Underwriting
- Experience working with cross functional partners across the organization, especially Sales and Business Development teams
- Experience reviewing financial statements, business credit reports and payment processor statements
- Ownership mentality: Demonstrate an appropriate sense of accountability, ownership, urgency and execution
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.