Sr. Ops Research Analyst at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for intelligent, data driven professionals to join our Operations Strategy & Analytics team. This team is responsible for leveraging data driven insights to drive overall servicing strategy across contact channels, customer segmentation, product roadmaps, and technology investments. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, forecasting experience, as well as interpersonal skills to work across the organization and with external partners to drive forward recommendations.What You’ll Do
- Use historical data and analyze market, product and customer trends to create long-range / short-range forecasts for Customer Operations teams (in-house & outsourced)
- Execute planning and forecasting initiatives for Customer Operations teams
- Develop and maintain advanced forecasting models for key business metrics informing utilization of labor and staffing levels across in-house and outsourced teams using current trends and historical data
- Recommends and utilizes quantitative analytical approaches to drive optimal forecast and headcount plans.
- Reports, communicates, and presents forecast plans and recommendations to management / leadership in a timely manner while defending recommendations with sound models and logic
- Effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner to all stakeholders
- Partner with Workforce Management, Customer Operations, Vendor Management, Finance, and Product Operations to ingest company wide implications for new product and merchant launches and marketing initiatives and translate that data into Ops models.
- Co-lead forecast and resource planning meetings with FP&A, Product and Merchant Success managers, and Customer Ops teams, reviewing recommended staffing forecasts and goals
- Manage staffing models by work group and provide management with direction for overflow strategies, outsourcing, and reallocation of labor
- Drive productivity and process efficiencies through data insights
- Create complex and comprehensive reports to manage and monitor forecast versus actual to drive real-time insights to continuously improve forecast models and planning strategies
- Passion and drive to disrupt the lending and financial services industry for the better
- 2+ years of experience in an analytically-driven role (analytics, finance, operations) focused around forecasting and building out time series models
- Bachelors or masters in economics, operations research, math, or statistics, engineering or other quantitative fields.
- Working knowledge forecasting process in contact center or other operations environments.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL / Snowflake and Looker dashboards
- Experience doing ad hoc analysis using Jupyter notebooks in Python or R environment (nice-to-have)
- Experience with Anaplan forecasting tool (nice-to-have)
- Attention to details with strong problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment, cross-functionally, and with external parties
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- A passion for finding insights in data and driving change based on those insights
- Ability to communicate findings and recommendations clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
- Challenge the status quo
- Humility and team player - you go out of your way to help teammates
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.