Morningstar is looking for a Payroll Senior Accountant, who will play an integral role in all aspects of the US Payroll; including , payroll processing, journal entries, account reconciliations, Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance, automation and process improvements. This full-time position reports to the Accounting Manager- Payroll and is based in our Chicago office in the heart of the loop.
- Process all aspects of payroll for semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll.
- Audit data integration files from various systems to ensure appropriate data transfer of payroll related information.
- Validate all payroll entries, including earnings, deductions and changes from Workday (HR System) and reconcile and resolve any discrepancies as necessary.
- Liaise with HR stakeholders to facilitate accurate payroll processing.
- Import 401k file to provider site and reconcile any issues.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Resolve payroll issues and efficiently communicate to all parties involved.
- Assist with payroll related audits including 401k, internal and external audits.
- Assist in troubleshooting, problem-solving, automating and improving payroll processes.
- Participate in periodic SOX compliance, ownership and design of internal controls and process maps.
- Liaise with ADP Client Service Representative to resolve system issues and create best practices.
- Review and maintain Quarterly and Year-End ADP Payroll Tax Reports.
- Stay current on the latest regulatory changes with respect to payroll, expatriate payroll, paid family leave, stock option exercises, restricted stock grants, and relocation packages.
- Five to seven years of Payroll experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance. Certified Payroll Professional designation is a plus.
- Strong experience in process improvements and project management.
- Working knowledge of accounting processes and internal controls.
- Customer-service-oriented approach.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- A high degree of reliability.
- Knowledge of ADP payroll software, Workday and Oracle Financials a plus.