Sr. Payroll Tax Specialist at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
We are looking for a Senior Payroll Tax Specialist to join the team as an experienced resource for the Payroll Operations Team. You will be responsible for completing advanced level payroll tax tasks. This is a newly created position where you will communicate with clients, tax agencies, and internal teams to resolve outstanding tax matters and continue to evolve the position. You will need a strong understanding of payroll tax concepts and taxation rules.
About this roll*:
- Creating and submitting amendments to various tax agencies
- Participate in quarter-end and year-end activities, specifically the preliminary audit to ensure taxes will be filed correctly
- Determine tax adjustments needed to correct employee taxation due to various circumstances
- Assist clients in understanding state nexus and reciprocal tax agreements aligned with multi-state taxation
- Ensuring newly implemented clients prior tax data is imported into the Toast Payroll system in accordance with previous tax returns
- Registering clients for new tax liabilities when the occasion arises
- Assist in the training of newly onboarded Payroll Operations Specialists
- Completing various projects as assigned by the Payroll Operations Manager aligned with regular job responsibilities
- Testing and troubleshooting system and software updates
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- About 4 years of payroll experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to solve escalated issues
- Actively communicate with clients and coworkers
- Ability to adapt to change and varying job responsibilities
- Effectively manage time and self-start projects
- Prior experience in a customer service role
- Strong work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience using MasterTax
*Bread puns encouraged but not required