SR TAX ANALYST
So, a little bit about us. Ulta Beauty, Inc. (NASDAQ: ULTA) is the largest beauty retailer in the U.S. and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We're on a quest to bring the fun side of beauty to all—constantly delighting our guests with All Things Beauty, All in One Place™ while offering rewarding careers for our passionate, beauty-loving associates.
Our Vision: To be the most-loved beauty destination of our guests and the most-admired retailer by our Ulta Beauty associates, communities, partners and investors.
Our Mission: Every day we use the power of beauty to bring to life the possibilities that lie within each of us – inspiring every guest and enabling each associate to build a fulfilling career.
As a Sr. Tax Analyst, you will focus on indirect (non-income) tax discipline including return compliance, taxability, and audit defense. You will be responsible for: implementation of any new returns, tax computation and payment, product taxability, audit defense preparation, exposure analysis & mitigation, systems improvement and implementation, and project-based initiatives. This role will participate in meeting the required compliance and tax accounting deadlines. There will be significant interface with tax department personnel, individuals in finance, IT, and business partners throughout the organization. Additionally, this role will provide support for multiple areas within the tax department, including Property tax, Licensing, Indirect tax audits and assisting management on special projects as needed.
RESPONSIBILTIES – Items you are in charge of:
- Implement and complete monthly indirect tax returns.
- Prepare budgets/forecasts for indirect tax.
- Implement and maintain various tax software systems (Vertex Returns and Vertex O-Series).
- Document training on various tax software systems and compliance procedures.
- Implement and complete account reconciliations for indirect tax.
- Lead special projects as assigned, including refund reviews.
- Complete tax research for various taxing jurisdictions.
- Complete coding of products for taxability.
- Meet all statutory compliance deadlines in the time frames directed by management.
- Assist with tax audits, including preparation and analysis of responses to document requests, preparation of appeals and other correspondence.
- Prepare and analyze the company’s ASC450 reserves.
- Prepare SOX control documentation.
- Monitor current tax developments and practices, which would affect various tax liabilities.
- Analyze notices and correspondences from various governments and prepare responses.
- Resolve help desk tickets/customer service questions.
- Lead and contribute in internal meetings and projects with minimal supervision.
- Communicate tax knowledge to Tax leadership, Finance leadership and other department personnel.
REQUIREMENTS – Items of success that you have completed in your experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other financial discipline
- Three to five years of progressive tax experience
- CPA, Master’s Degree, or other designation CMI, or in pursuit of, a strong plus
- Overtime is required to meet various tax deadlines
- Previous experience in a large corporate tax environment, a strong plus
- International tax experience
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a career in Tax a must
- Research proficiency a must
- Vertex or SAP experience a plus
- Previous audit experience a plus
- General understanding of business acumen and accounting principles
- Ability to analyze new or existing situations and provide solutions
- Desire to take initiative to lead or pursue tasks and inquiries
- Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently on tasks, including making sound decisions within responsibilities
- Demonstrated strong user and working knowledge of tax systems, Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and database applications
- Must be a strong team player
- Ability to multi-task a must
- Must conduct himself/herself in a professional, respectful and appropriate manner at all times.
- This position requires an ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills, and strong communication skills are essential
- Normal office demands