Staff Accountant - Accounts Payable
SilkRoad is seeking a Staff Accountant to manage accounts payable and other accounting tasks. This role reports to the Accounting Manager and offers the opportunity to develop your career by taking on other accounting responsibilities. The right candidate for this position will have accounting experience, an understanding of full cycle accounts payable, strong attention to detail, and a desire to learn.
- Set up new vendors in the accounting system and obtain necessary documentation (e.g. W-9 forms).
- Input vendor invoices in the accounting system and distribute invoices to budget holders and management for approval.
- Process semi-monthly and one-off payments to vendors via check, wire, on-line payment, and ACH. Prepare reports and obtain financial approvals.
- Review and approve employee expense claims, ensuring compliance with company expense policy.
- Process semi-monthly payment of employee expenses and transfer data from expense system to accounting system.
- Perform month end close for accounts payable, including preparation of accounts payable aging. Participate in other aspects of month end close, as requested.
- Assist in monthly accrual process, including monitoring spend, tracking invoices received after close, and following up with vendors for missing invoices.
- Prepare schedules and documents for annual financial audit.
- Prepare annual 1099 forms for vendors.
- Maintain vendor management policies. Document and evaluate current processes and implement improvements to controls and processes.
- Assist with other accounting and reporting tasks, as requested.
- Prepare additional analysis and reports, and other special projects, as requested.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Strong organization and time management skills and an ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to respond to vendors and colleagues with the utmost patience and professionalism at all times.
- Ability to use technology to make work more efficient. Proficiency in Excel; experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP or Concur is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. Progress towards CPA preferred. CAPP or CAPA certification also desirable.
- Minimum of two years' accounting experience, preferably with exposure to accounts payable.
- Experience working in a SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) or other technology company is a plus.