Staff Accountant - Contract to Hire at Envoy Global
Envoy Global is on a mission to disrupt the global immigration process! Our patented online platform integrates the best of people and technology to streamline, simplify and expedite the immigration process for employers and individuals.
Working alongside our affiliated law firm, Global Immigration Associates, we are giving companies the tools they need to hire the best talent from around the world, send talent where it’s needed, and help support foreign workers and immigrants throughout the process.
We’re a fast-growing, award-winning technology company, a leader in our space, and are backed by some of the country’s leading venture capital and growth equity firms.
Envoy is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our fast-paced work environment. This person will manage all aspects of cash, AR, and AP. The perfect candidate will be a self-starter, excited to learn, and willing to adapt to constant change. This role will report directly to the Controller and will have great visibility cross-departmentally across all functions of the organization.
This person prepares monthly and yearly accruals and adjustments; has ability to analyze accounts and reconcile differences; assists in preparation of tax returns and financial reports with minimal supervision. Strong accounting education, moderate work experience.
- Manages all cash related activities including application of cash receipts, corresponding journal entries, cash reconciliations, and detailed cash tracking
- Leads collections efforts by working with customers and Account Managers to ensure timely payment of invoices, assists in resolving invoicing questions and facilitates any unique customer invoicing needs
- Prepares monthly presentations summarizing AR and collections trends for distribution to leadership
- Performs the processing and recording of accounts payable transactions and ensures that all invoices are properly classified and paid accurately
- Reviews general ledger activity regarding payables to ensure all activity is properly recorded and reflected in financials
- Assists in the processing of monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation, and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary
- Bachelor's in Accounting
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting
- Proficient in Excel, experience with Intacct a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills