Staff Accountant- North America Accounting
At Groupon, Accounting isn’t your typical month-end close type of department. While we’re focused on providing financial information to the business, that’s only the tip of the iceberg. We’re building out financial systems to support every new business line and product, so our Accountants get a granular view and understanding of how a business is built from the ground up. The knowledge to gain is vast, as is the potential of our organization to continue growing.
- Play a key role in the month-end close process by preparing journal entries and managing various asset and liability reconciliations.
- Review balance sheet and income statement variances and prepare detailed analyses explaining the monthly and quarterly fluctuations.
- Assist Senior Accountants and Accounting Managers in daily accounting activities and month-end closing procedures.
- Assist Management with Sarbanes Oxley procedures by monitoring compliance with internal controls.
- Seek solutions for accounting problems before presenting issues to senior/manager.
- Assist with external and internal audit requests, including quarterly reviews and the year-end audit.
- Actively engage with Finance and Tax departments by providing general ledger detail and analysis for financial performance.
- Specific projects and other ad hoc assignments as required.
- Sound understanding of US GAAP
- Experience with general ledger/month-end processes is a plus
- Experience with NetSuite accounting system is a plus
- Proficient in MS Office software, specifically intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented with a strong commitment to preparing accurate work
- Proactive and self-motivated to work independently to achieve both individual and team goals
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 1 to 2 years of accounting experience
- CPA eligible, if not licensed
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.