ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 100,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 100,000 today to millions.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant with knowledge of operational (transactional) accounting. The first priority in this role will be handling all aspects of Accounts Payable and T&E expenses for the first six months of employment. After the first six months, your responsibilities will transition to accounting operations and will be exposed to Treasury Management, Billing, and Accounts Receivable, including posting journal entries, preparing monthly balance sheet account reconciliations, and month-end analyses.
What your day could consist of:
- Handling all aspects of Accounts Payable, included but not limited to posting vendor invoices, selecting invoices for payment, collecting W-9 on new vendors, ensuring proper approval of all invoices, coding invoices to proper expense accounts, cutting and mailing checks
- Working with employees on our T&E system, ensuring expenses are recorded and paid in a timely and accurate manner
- Entering journal entries
- Ensuring proper accruals are journalized each month
- Working with Sales and Success teams to ensure proper invoicing to the customer
- Cash Receipts management and working with Support
- Treasury Management, working with the Accounting Manager to ensure bank balances are maintained and reconciled daily
- Other accounting duties as assigned
What is needed:
- 1-2 years of experience with accounting, accounts payable and cash management (tech industry experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred, CPA or progress towards CPA a plus
- Previous work experience in transactional accounting across all areas of the general ledger
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Experience with Sage Intacct a plus
- Understanding of Job Cost accounting a plus
- Self-motivated and a willingness to take ownership of assignments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Must be detail oriented, accurate, and well organized.
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description