Staff Accountant - Reporting at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.Job Description
This position provides a tremendous opportunity for an individual to gain an understanding of the McDonald’s income statement, balance sheet, cash flows, journal entry reconciliation, trial balance review, and monthly reporting. It will provide the individual the opportunity to practice their analytical skills, problem solving skills, communication skills and people skills. Furthermore it will provide the candidate with broad exposure to the global business services group.
- Perform monthly sales close processes
- Perform cash flow reporting
- Responsible for monthly manual journal entry process for US
- Perform quarterly balance sheet review
- Perform quarterly trial balance review
- Provide critical analysis of monthly financial statement results for US
- Ensure the accurate compilation, analysis, and reporting of financial data
- Prepare reports for regional and corporate management
- Responsible for monthly SOX reporting and compliance
- Assist in preparing for and providing support to external auditors
Minimum Requirements :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 1+ years of qualifying accounting work experience
- Proven experience in leading and development of staff
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Significant statistical analysis and reporting experience
- Strong knowledge of general accounting principles
- Intermediate understanding of report query and design
- Ability to multitask with tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Customer Service Orientation
- Flexibility for a changing environment
- Continuous Improvement Attitude
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Willing to travel 0-10%
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.