Staff Accountant at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible, and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We are in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to world-class health systems. We leverage a tested model of care that combines value-based contracting, data-driven decision-making, ancillary services development, and the capital needed for success.
As an integral member of the VillageMD Accounting team, you will partner with our Accounting Manager to close our books and provide support to our key customers in Finance and Operations. In this role, you will experience a broad exposure to many areas within VillageMD and the opportunity to learn in grow in a fast paced and explosively growing entity.
What you might do in your first year as a Staff Accountant:
- Prepare journal entries with proper support documentation
- Assist with inter-company eliminations and consolidation entries
- Prepare account reconciliations for various General Ledger accounts
- Analyze monthly results to ensure accuracy and completeness of entries recorded
- Support the Accounting team in meeting month end closing deadlines.
- Collaborate with the Finance team and members of operations to understand results
- Assist in providing support, documentation, and inquiries from external auditors
- Prepare regular reporting to support Accounting or Finance team reviews of results
- Update listing of required close tasks
What will make you successful here?
- A willingness to learn, take initiative and be resourceful
- A bias for action and pragmatic solutions
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Ability to solve problems, and establish trust
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through strong communication and doing what you say you will do
What you bring to VillageMD:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience, public accounting experience preferred
- Strong desire to learn and grow within a fast-growing company and Accounting organization
- Experience and interest in researching solutions for problems encountered
- A desire to drive results, execute on tasks, and prioritize deadlines
- A desire to innovate and improve, and build relationships internally and externally
- A genuine excitement for Accounting and collaboration with teammates
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.