ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 100,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 100,000 today to millions.
The Staff Accountant’s key responsibilities will include posting journal entries and preparing monthly balance sheet account analyses. This position may also assist the accounting team in other month end activities and special projects as needed. This is a role where the individual will be expected to work independently at times as well as ensure open communication with the team for accurate and timely month-end reporting.
What your day could consist of:
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet analysis with reconciliation to the general ledger on monthly and quarterly basis
- Conduct independent review of journal entries and account analyses
- Responsible for accounting areas such as revenue, expenses and prepaid transactions
- Responsible for supporting topics such as revenue recognition and billing operations
- Special projects as necessary involving accounting, tax, reporting or operating aspects of the company
- Ensure processes are executed in a timely and accurate manner including the monthly close account analysis
- Ensure compliance with internal controls
- Other accounting duties as assigned
What is needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required, CPA or progress towards CPA a plus
- 1-2 years of experience in accounting-related work (Big 4 public accounting preferred)
- Experience with Sage Intacct a plus
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Ability to take ownership of assignments and be self-motivated
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure of time constraints
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and have the ability to prioritize work and be able to work accurately with numbers
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.