Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining the general ledger, including underlying accounts and supporting analysis/documentation, accurate and timely closes and reporting (GAAP and management) to assist the executive management team in managing the business. The Staff Accountant will help prepare and analyze the financial statements including P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow and other reports as necessary.
- Responsibility Area:
- Assist in the preparation of the financial statements through the month end close process
- Perform various general ledger activities including journal entries, adjustments, expense accruals, revenue and inventory entries, and monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare weekly and monthly operating statements and balance sheets, ensuring that financial statements are complete and accurate
- Meet processing and reporting deadlines
- Prepare ad hoc reporting or participate in other projects as needed
- Responsibility Area:
- Collaborate across functions to support various business initiatives
- Analyze, interpret and summarize financial information for various teams on a weekly, monthly and annual basis
- Partner with various teams to increase understanding and awareness of financial performance and support company initiatives
- Maintain a high quality and professional level of customer service to internal customers
- Responsibility Area:
- Understand current accounting policies and procedures and drive improvements where possible
- Understand and comply with the company's accounting policies and procedures
- Apply knowledge of accounting guidance and company policy and procedures to support continual process improvement initiatives
Qualifications:The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance is required;
- A CPA is preferred
- Up to 2 years of relevant accounting experienceAnalytical and problem-solving skills, and the ability to evaluate current processes for improvements
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Project management skills; ability to multitask while working with multiple teams Team player; willingness to build out new functions and processes from scratch; “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- Committed to personal growth and development of self and others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here