Cooler Screens was founded on the core idea that consumers deserve a far better experience than what is available today in brick-and-mortar retail. We call this concept Consumer Experience (“CX”) and it guides all that we do. We have begun the CX journey by bringing what consumers love about shopping on-line to the frozen and refrigerated food aisle.
Cooler Screens is re-imagining the business of brick-and-mortar retail for retailers and brands. We are transforming retail cooler surfaces into IoT enabled screens that deliver new marketing opportunities and smart merchandising for the ultimate shopper experience. Cooler Screens is building the world’s first and largest in-store digital media and edge computing platform at the retail point-of-sale.
Cooler Screens is powered by proprietary innovation and a global network of industry-leading partners. Global technology, CPG, and retail leaders have partnered with Cooler Screens to be part of this important and rapidly growing industry initiative. We are backed and led by some of the most prominent Silicon Valley and Chicago leaders, advisers, and investors.
As the Staff Accountant, you will report to the Controller/VP of Finance. You will have a strong focus on supporting the month-end close process along with other efforts that support financial and management reporting, improve internal controls, and prepare and analyze key areas of the business. A successful candidate will need to be a self-starter who will take the initiative to proactively identify and resolve challenges.
As we transform the retail customer experience with our digital media platform, we invite you to join Cooler Screens in enabling the journey.
What You Will Do
- Coordinate and participate in the monthly close process including prepare monthly journal entries, complete bank reconciliations, update monthly financial reports
- Maintain accrual schedules (Deferred Revenue, PTO, Accrued Expenses, Prepaid, etc.) on a monthly basis
- Enhance and maintain the Company budget file by updating with monthly results, working with lead team members to update projected spend and analyzing results
- Provide financial information to management by researching and analyzing accounting data; preparing reports
- Perform monthly reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Analyze current costs, revenues, financial commitments to predict future revenues and expenses
- Manage and assist in preparation of interim and annual compensation worksheets for the sales force
- Review, audit, and approving employee expense reports
- Provide recommendations for improving processes and financial efficiency
- Work with other departments to ensure compliance with accounting policies and procedures
- Prepare supporting documentation and analytical information for external auditors
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- 3+ years in a Bookkeeper or Staff Accountant role
- A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality
- Outstanding attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong technology skills with solid knowledge of comprehensive enterprise systems, preferably Microsoft Dynamics, QuickBooks, and Bill.com
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
For the right candidate, we have a competitive compensation and ownership package with an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, paid time off, and many other perks. Come join our fast-growing team. You can be based in Chicago or possibly elsewhere.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, native origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.