Redstone is one of the fastest growing fintech startups in the country focused on streamlining creation of esoteric alternative asset classes. The fintech disruptor dismantled the MBS ecosystem, streamlining it with a digital platform that employs AI and machine learning tools to eliminate unnecessary steps and redundant time-wasting approval processes. Redstone's growing MBS partner network includes institutional and retail investors, forward flow partners, brokerages and mortgage lenders.
In pursuit of that mission, Redstone is seeking a Staff Accountant to join the Operations team in Chicago. The Staff Accountant will be reporting to the Controller, working with the operational team within accounting and internal controls. This includes accountability for accounting operations of the company, production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards. We are looking for a hands-on candidate who takes ownership and seeks new opportunities.
What you’ll do at Redstone:
- Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and analytics over significant account balances.
- Develop and maintain Excel spreadsheets to prepare analyses and reports using advanced Excel functions
- Complete ad-hoc analysis requests quickly while maintaining integrity and accuracy of data
- Identify opportunities for improvement, provide information, and recommendations to management and follow-through on solutions
- Act as a liaison to multiple departments by understanding and servicing their business needs
Why you are a fit at Redstone:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or a related field
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Strong Excel knowledge, including Pivot tables, Vlookup and other spreadsheet functionality
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting, financial statements, payroll, and taxes
- Experience in a technology, professional services or software related company preferred
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and organized with effective communication skills
We believe talent and drive are worth more than words on a resume, ideas and execution are more important than titles and everyone is an owner. We collaborate with highly-motivated, intelligent people to stay true to our motto - Redstoners are doers.
At Redstone, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.