Rocket Travel Inc., a subsidiary of Booking Holdings, is looking to add a Staff Accountant to our Accounting Team at the Rocket headquarters in the West Loop of Chicago. In this role, you’ll work alongside our growing Accounting team to facilitate general accounting duties related to month-end close, AP/AR processing, and other ad-hoc requests. Web-savvy, energetic, and analytical individuals with a solid business/accounting background that are willing to be proactive and apply other skills and talents toward the company’s collective goals, are encouraged to apply.REQUIREMENTS
Duties and Requirements
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure timely processing and reconciliation of invoices and statements for payment, as well as create invoices and statements for receivables, including follow-up on outstanding/past-due balances when necessary
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for various B/S and P/L accounts and prepare corresponding journal entries
- Process employee expenses, confirming compliance with expense policy and proper approvals for timely reimbursement to employees
- Assist the Accounting Analyst with drafting weekly business performance reports for distribution to the Booking Holdings Corporate team, as well as assist with internal audit and other ad-hoc requests from Corporate
- Assist with special projects as needed, contribute new and creative ideas to improve processes
- Show a positive attitude and willingness to work and communicate on a small team
- Business-related degree is required (with a preference for Accounting; CPA is a plus)
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant accounting experience
- Strong working knowledge of Excel required
- SQL (or Chartio) experience strongly preferred
We think the ideal candidate
- Displays overall well-roundedness and attention to detail in order to pick up duties quickly with accuracy
- Shows an analytic approach to problem solving, and can make data-driven recommendations for improvement.
- Is entrepreneurial and able to take ownership.
Rocket Travel is a place where you:
- Own decisions and take action that can be implemented in a matter of days.
- Work with intrinsically motivated folks with a track record for building new businesses from scratch
- Receive a competitive compensation package, including bonus, health and dental insurance, and travel benefits
Rocket Travel creates B2C and B2B2C travel solutions, and is part of the Booking Holdings (BKNG). We have many worldwide partners and a diversified business. Despite the world’s current situation, Booking Holdings has been rated the healthiest company in travel, and we’re using 2020 to prepare for the future. We’re solidifying our tech stack, our business capabilities, and our partnerships so that we’ll be ready to meet the world’s pent-up demand for travel when the time comes. We’d love for you to join us and help the world travel again!
Candidates should be authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer, should be willing to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and should be able to work the same daily working hours as our Chicago office.
Rocket Travel is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.