We're building a world class team with the aim of providing polished, professional, technical support of an emerging company and product. Ocient is looking for ultimate team players who are dedicated to improving our product and customer experience with every interaction. The Ocient team consists of highly technical engineers and understanding the end to end development, sales, and delivery cycle is key to adding unique value to the organization. Our ideal candidate has high moral standards and takes pride in maintaining exceptional internal controls and designing efficient processes. You are a dedicated team player, extremely organized, detail oriented, and look to make a footprint in the development of long-term scalable processes.
This individual will support the Accounting team by facilitating full-cycle processes, handling accounts payable and fixed assets, booking journal entries, and completing balance sheet reconciliations. Maintaining strong cross functional partnerships and vendor relationships will be critical in the success of the role. Working on ad hoc accounting projects in addition to regular duties can be expected.
- Own full-cycle accounting for Accounts Payable, Expense Reports and Fixed Assets
- Manage new vendor setup - onboarding forms, approvals, and communications
- Review, validate, and enter vendor invoices ensuring appropriate GL classification
- Facilitate internal approvals and maintain systematic workflows as needed
- Prepare annual 1099 filings
- Prepare ad hoc analysis
- Support system implementations – procurement, AP automation, expense reporting
- Prepare balance sheet schedules in accordance with month end close
- Record cash transactions on a daily basis and perform corresponding reconciliations
- Maintain strong vendor relationships and respond to inquiries timely
- Compile and organize support for year-end audit requests
- Communicate regularly with all cross functional partners
- Support Finance organization with ad hoc projects and assignments
- Prepare customer invoices and follow up on payments
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- BA/BS degree in related field (Accounting, Business, Economics)
- 2+ years in Accounts Payable, Business Administration or Accounting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to be detail-oriented, autonomous, and resourceful
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business
- Commitment to excellence and efficiency
Ocient is a venture-funded startup building data analytics solutions for the world’s largest datasets. Founding the company in 2016, Ocient’s management team has had numerous successful startup exits including Cleversafe, one of the largest startup exits in Chicago’s history. Ocient is tackling some of the world’s most challenging problems in database scale, performance, and usability. Ocient employees also care deeply about our customers, each of which we work with closely.