Jellyvision is hiring a Staff Accountant
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need an experienced Staff Accountant to help us continue on our journey.
How you’ll help
As Jellyvision grows, we need a Staff Accountant with a serious knack for accounting and passion for technology to join our team. You will work with the accounting and finance side of the house on a wide variety of projects and play a critical role in managing the finances of one of Chicago’s best tech companies.
What you’ll do
- Participate in the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes
- Assist with revenue recognition and deferred income reconciliations
- Play a support role in A/R, A/P, and treasury management
- Perform critical tasks to support our annual financial audit and tax processes
- Identify opportunities to implement more efficient and accurate procedures; research and recommend software solutions that can replace manual processes
- Maintain fixed asset, prepaid, and revenue schedules
- Document, monitor and strengthen internal controls
- Lead ad hoc accounting and finance projects - including strategic analysis and systems implementations
- Prepare, analyze and present financial reports as requested
Experience & Skills
- 3 year Accounting of Finance academic program
- Working knowledge of GAAP and accounting best practices
- CPA is a plus, but not a firm requirement
- Financial acumen
- Attention to detail
- Business insight
- Effective communication
- Tech savvy
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.