About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
Due to Covid, G2 is currently operating fully remote until it is safe to return to the office.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 6 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
About the Role
G2 is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our accounting team! In this role, you will report to the Accounting Manager and assist the accounting/finance team with the preparation of journal entries, account reconciliations, and financial statements. You will assist with audit requests, accounts payable processing, accounts receivable processing, and overall process improvements. You will play an integral role in monthly close and will assist the finance and leadership teams in understanding financial results. The ideal candidate pays attention to detail and can work quickly while maintaining high quality and accuracy.
In this role you will:
- Responsible for general ledger accounting including journal entries, revenue recognition, billing, collections, supplier payments, and allocations
- Review and approve expense reports
- Assist in the month-end close process
- Review transactions to ensure proper accounting treatment and allocation of expenses to various departments
- Provide support for audits
- Provide relevant information for tax filings
- Complete various ad-hoc projects
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- At least 0-2 years of corporate accounting experience including monthly journal entry and account reconciliation preparation
- Moderate knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy
What can help your application stand out:
- Knowledge of GL software packages
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status.
Learn more about our commitments here http://culture.g2.com/commitments