Staff Accountant (Chicago, IL)
Purpose of The Role
Our Finance team is at the forefront shaping strategic decisions across the company. As a member of the team, the Staff Accountant contributes to company’s success by ensuring accuracy and completeness of financial statements. A successful Staff Accountant combines excellent analytical skills, problem-solving skills, knowledge of accounting principles, strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Perform month end accounting including journal entry preparation and reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Assist in variance analysis during the month end reviews.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly and annual financial statement and footnotes submitted to Berkshire Hathaway, Inc.
- Assist external audit and tax teams by preparing schedules, explaining supporting material and procedures and any other data as needed.
- Cross departmental collaboration and communication on various projects and tasks.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Measures of Success
- Meeting deadlines
- Monthly close metrics
- Work Cross Functionally to the benefit of all groups
Competencies for Success
- Communicates Effectively
- Optimizes Work
- Manages Complexity
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting
- 1-2 years of general finance or accounting experience, public accounting preferred
- Intermediate to advanced skill level with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word required
- CPA, or currently sitting for CPA a plus
- Oracle and Hyperion experience a plus
About Pampered Chef:
Established in 1980 by Doris Christopher, Pampered Chef is a global marketing enterprise and a proud Berkshire Hathaway company since 2002. We develop a multi-purpose, high-quality and unique kitchen product line that includes time-saving kitchen tools, cookware, cutlery, stoneware, and pantry products serving millions of customers around the world. We support a large network of independent consultants with their direct sales efforts in addition to our corporate ecommerce business.
We celebrate the power that mealtimes have to become something more: a way to transform relationships, share stories, create traditions, and build happier and richer lives. But, with today’s expectations, we know finding the mealtime win can be difficult. We’re here to help bridge that gap between the ideal mealtime and the realities of today. We do this through our distinctive, high-quality kitchen tools, parties that show you how to make delicious, timesaving recipes, and the opportunity to join our supportive international community of more than 50,000 consultants.
Pampered Chef is committed to providing a workplace where coworkers can do their best work, whether at home or in our Addison office location. This role will have the opportunity to work collaboratively, both in our Addison office and virtually, with leaders, and cross-functional partners to measure, test, learn, and improve our customers’ mealtime journey.
Pampered Chef complies with the federal OSHA mandate pertaining to Covid-19 vaccinations, testing, and face coverings. As such, Pampered Chef requires you to provide your vaccination status as a condition of employment. If you have questions about this, please discuss with the Pampered Chef HR Recruiter.