Reverb.com is looking for a Staff Accountant to help drive our day-to-day accounting, financial processes, and other marketplace operations. We’re an expanding business, so you can expect to wear a multitude of hats! You’ll tackle monthly reporting and accountant reconciliations, as well as handle accounts payable duties and general accounting tasks. Beyond they day to day, we’re looking for an impact-driven, analytical thinker with creative ideas and a desire to help strengthen our current processes. If you're enthusiastic about accounting and are looking for opportunity to be an integral part of a fast-paced, growing finance team, we want to hear from you!
- Play a key role in the month-end close process by preparing journal entries and managing various asset and liability reconciliations.
- Review balance sheet and P&L variances and prepare detailed analyses explaining monthly fluctuations.
- Maintain expense reporting system & work closely with department heads to review expenses .
- Reconcile daily revenue transactions across multiple revenue streams & currencies.
- Maintain Reverb Growth Portfolio & generate monthly interest invoices.
- Work with external auditors during interim and year-end audits by preparing & reviewing PBC work papers and addressing auditor’s questions.
- Own a myriad of other tasks associated with a rapidly growing business, including ad hoc projects as assigned by manager.
- Be a critical thinker and team player-- we are a small team, and we take an all-hands approach to problem-solving.
- Comfort working with accounting tools-- Excel and Netsuite preferred.
- Experience in a high-volume, transaction heavy environment.
- Passion for details -- mistakes don’t get past you, and everything reconciles.
- Proven track record of working in a challenging and fast-paced work environment while contributing to the continued success of the company.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of standard financial / accounting procedures, GAAP concepts and principles, accounting procedures and internal controls.
- Strong sense of urgency and general business acumen.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a high growth company.
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative is valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment-- no 80 hour weeks.
- 401k with 4% match.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- A MacBookAir, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice. Even a stand up desk if you want!
- Discounts on music gear.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter showcasing what makes you the perfect addition to the Reverb team!