SpotHero is seeking an organized and motivated Staff Accountant to help drive our day-to-day accounting and financial processes. This individual will be responsible for creating and posting journal entries during an aggressive 5 day monthly close and will work closely with the Finance team to creatively improve our current process and workflows. Our Staff Accountant will have the opportunity to learn quickly and take on additional challenging tasks within their first few months, joining a department with tremendous amounts of growth and visibility into the organization!
Who we are: SpotHero is one of transportation's hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking in advance, on-the-go or through their connected cars, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What will you do?
- Prepare and record month-end journal entries with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Prepare and maintain balance sheet and bank reconciliations.
- Create monthly billing for partners and assist with managing aging and collections.
- Manage federal, state, and sales tax filings.
- Work with technology, marketing, and sales departments to prepare accurate and timely accruals for month-end.
- Assist accounting manager in high profile projects including operator remittance automation and other workflow improvements.
- Work with outside auditors and tax consultants to ensure timely and accurate audit and tax filings.
- When asked, "What is your favorite balance sheet account?", answer with "SpotHero".
- Assist in monthly operational reporting, including preparation of GAAP financials.
- Demonstrates ability to navigate BI tool (Looker) and GL System (Intacct) and understands complex relationships between multiple systems.
- Analytical. You pursue insights that provide thoughtful answers to complex problems.
- Motivated. You take ownership of your work and are comfortable working without a lot of direction.
- Inquisitive. Innovative and resourceful; you’re constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Organized. You have great follow-through on tasks, top-notch attention to detail, and superior organizational skills.
- A strong communicator. Your verbal and written communication is direct, effective, and informative.
- 2-3 years experience in public or general ledger accounting
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in accounting
- Advanced proficiency in excel a must!
- Experience with sales and income tax required
- CPA a plus
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.