Reverb.com is looking for an ambitious Accounting Associate to support day-to-day and month-end responsibilities of the finance department. Excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position, as well as good personable relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker, is reliable, committed to consistently meeting deadlines and willing to “roll-up their sleeves.”
- Play a key role in the month end close process by preparing journal entries and managing various account reconciliations.
- Review balance sheet and P&L variances and prepare detailed analyses explaining monthly fluctuations.
- Reconcile daily revenue transactions across multiple revenue streams & currencies.
- Work with external auditors during interim and year-end audits by preparing PBC work papers and addressing auditor’s questions.
- Own a myriad of other tasks associated with a rapidly growing business, including ad hoc projects as assigned by manager.
- Be a critical thinker and team player-- we are a small team, and we take an all-hands approach to problem-solving.
- Comfort working with accounting tools-- Excel and Netsuite preferred.
- Experience in a high-volume, transaction heavy environment.
- Passion for details -- mistakes don’t get past you, and everything reconciles.
- Proven track record of working in a challenging and fast-paced work environment while contributing to the continued success of the company.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of standard financial / accounting procedures, GAAP concepts and principles, accounting procedures and internal controls.
- Strong sense of urgency and general business acumen.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary and stock options in a high growth company.
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative is valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment-- no 80 hour weeks.
- 401k with 4% match.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- A MacBookAir, monitor, keyboard, mouse of your choice and stand-up desk.
- Discounts on music gear.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter showcasing what makes you the perfect addition to the Reverb team!