Staff Accountant at Litera
We are looking for a sharp, driven Staff Accountant who has a passion for technology and working with people to solve problems. We are a fast-paced, growing company with heaps of opportunities for learning.
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting the Senior Accountant, Controller, and CFO with the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, developing and maintaining department budgets and generating cost reports. The successful candidate will also collect pertinent information for third party audits, oversee financial reporting and operations, and will be the first point of contact for accounting issues.
What It Takes:
- Relentless pursuit of excellence
- Attention to detail
- Quick thinking
- Strong initiative, drive and self-direction
- Being comfortable in a fast-moving and quickly-changing environment
- Partnering with others to accomplish goals
- Strong integrity in work and in interpersonal communication
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Assists in month-end close as directed by Senior Accountant and Controller, including account reconciliations and other month-end close duties as assigned
- Records a variety of daily journal entry activity timely and accurately, including; accruals, capital expenditures, vendor invoices, expense reports, payroll, etc.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to posting and payment
- Acquires and maintains vendor and customer supporting documentation, including W-9 forms, sales tax exemption forms, etc.
- Processes vendor payments on a weekly basis via checks, ACHs, and wires
- Helps with sales tax filings and reviews feed between Avalara and NetSuite
- Supports stakeholders (employees, vendors, etc.) by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services
- Follows established and evolving procedures and makes recommendations to improve efficiencies, processes, and systems
- Maintains electronic and physical filing systems and makes recommendations to foster organization and efficient work flows
- Performs other duties assigned, including assisting with annual audits and other compliance activities
- A bachelor's degree and 0-2 years of Accounting or related experience
- Proficient in Word and Excel (basic formulas, vlookups, and pivot tables)
- Experience with NetSuite (month-end close, receivables, payables)
- CPA and/or CGMA a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Solid knowledge of accounting terminology and practices
- Robust organizational and analytical skills
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness and detect errors
- Competency to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ethical behavior to maintain discretion and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive and confidential material
- Skill to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
Who We Are:
Litera Microsystems is the leading provider of software for drafting, proofreading, comparing, repairing and cleaning documents in the legal and life sciences industries worldwide. Our core products empower users to generate, review, and distribute high-quality content quickly and securely, from any device. Today, Litera Microsystems supports thousands of document-intensive organizations across the globe, helping them satisfy the complex demands of clients and regulators.