Evive people are game-changers.
Evive was founded by two people who wanted to challenge the status quo...and did. More than 11 years later, that spirit still defines our culture. The work we do is redefining how people use their employee benefits, with SaaS-based services that help people to improve their lives and Fortune 1000 enterprises to optimize their benefits investments. We strive every day for the ideal of #benefitslove. Are you one of us?
We’re looking for an analytical Staff Accountant. Is it you?
As someone who’s no stranger to numbers, spreadsheets, and reports, you thrive in financial departments. You’re ready to delve deep into complex documents, statements, and accounts, and know how to reconcile them accordingly. Not only can you work independently, you’re confident in answering questions and ready to help your teammates at any time.
Here’s what a Staff Accountant does at Evive (for people who like bullet lists):
- Analyze information from general ledger system and departments to consolidate internal and external financial statements.
- Provide support for routine audits.
- Assist with month close.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and journal entries.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Review profit and loss accounts for monthly variances and report findings.
- Reconcile American Express accounts.
- Process expense reports in Concur.
- Analyze information and options by developing and analyzing spreadsheet reports.
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining records and files.
- Maintain Accounts Payable, including preparing checks for payment.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Process intercompany consolidation, as well as semi-monthly payroll and related transactions.
- Participate in potential implementation of new ERP software.
- Complete other duties as assigned by management or required by the organization.
You bring a lot to the table.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- One to three years of accounting experience
- Understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience working with accounting and HR software
- Experience preferred in QuickBooks Online, Concur, and Paylocity
Evive takes care of its teammates. Here are our current benefits:
- Laid-back office with casual attire
- Weekly catered lunch + daily stocked kitchen with drinks, organic fresh fruit, and a variety of other snacks
- Competitive salaries with annual bonus pay
- Paid time off—both for vacation and volunteering
- Paid sick time
- Two work-from-home days every month
- Employer-paid medical insurance + subsidized vision, dental, and short-term disability insurance
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- Student loan assistance program
- Employee assistance program
- Pre-tax commuter benefit + convenient location (right off the CTA blue line and Union Station)
- Treadmill desks: walk and work!
- Company-sponsored book club
- ...and we watch Jeopardy! every day
If you’re prepared to go big, go bold, and go beyond, you’re ready to go Evive.