We are OppLoans
Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a growing, socially responsible, and profitable FinTech company that is one of the highest-rated and best-in-class online finance platforms and service providers in the industry. OppLoans offers consumers a simple and responsible source of funding when faced with financial emergencies. We continue to experience growth year over year with profitable returns each year. Employees have an opportunity to make an immediate effect in a growth stage company.
What you get to do:
You'll report directly to our VP, Controller. The Staff Accountant will oversee many aspects of accounting and finance including bank reconciliations, account reconciliations, month-end and year-end close, and other tasks and projects.
- Manage assigned accounting responsibilities
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Post journal entries, complete account reconciliations, and manage select ledger accounts across multiple entities
- Analyze general ledger transactions and accounts, using technical judgment, to ensure that financial transactions are recorded
- Assist with month-end and year-end close
- Prepare information for financial audits
- Help develop internal processes to improve the financial reporting process
- Keep organized records
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative office responsibilities
- Familiarity and working knowledge of general ledger systems
- Work with departments to determine workflows and resolve issues
- Assist Controller and Assistant Controller with monthly closing process
- Collaborate with Controller and Assistant Controller to manage reporting / filings
- Assist Controller and CFO during budgeting and forecasting processes
- Ad-hoc financial analysis including potential for inter-department projects
What you will bring to the team:
- At least 2 years of work experience in accounting/financial reporting, public accounting experience a plus
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and troubleshoot without direction
- Ability to adapt to multiple cloud based/on line financial platforms to execute reports
- Reconciliation skills
- The willingness to take on new tasks and broaden scope of responsibilities
- Proficient in Excel, including vlookups and pivot tables
- Proficient in accounting software, experience with Sage Intacct or Quickbooks is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
Employees Love Working Here
With a dynamic startup culture and great benefits, we’ve attracted top talent and boast one of the most engaged offices in the country. In 2019, we were named the 4th fastest growing company in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business, received the 86th spot on the Deloitte Fast 500, and are named one of the best companies to work for in the nation by Glassdoor two years in a row. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see why our employees love us!
Customers love our product
OppLoans is committed to delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. Don’t believe us? See what our customers are saying on Google and the BBB! We were also named a number one personal lender by Lending Tree, and a “Leader in Quality and Innovation” by the Center for Financial Services Innovation (FinX).
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.
We offer a great compensation and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships & ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.