The Staff Accountant will assist with Syndigo’s accounting, control, financial reporting and financial planning. This position will maintain the general ledger, ensure data integrity, monitor accounting policy and help implement key financial processes.
This role will report to the accounting manager and be based in Syndigo’s Lisle office.
- Preparation and review of routine and non-routine journal entries
- General ledger account reconciliations
- Sales & Use tax reporting
- Processing of Accounts Payable
- Assist in external audits
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- Advanced Excel skills
- Sales & use tax experience desirable
- 1-2 years of professional accounting experience
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.