G2.com is revolutionizing the way businesses discover, buy and manage software and services. More than three million users per month rely on G2 to help them find and buy the best software for their businesses. The platform has 650,000 reviews, and $100M in total funding through our investment partners: IVP, Accel Partners, LinkedIn, Emergence Capital, Pritzker Group, Chicago Ventures, Hyde Park Ventures, industry leaders and founders.
G2 Crowd is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our accounting team. In this role, you will report to the Accounting Manager and assist the accounting/finance team with the month-end close, journal entry preparation, process improvements, and management of financial statements. You will prepare monthly account reconciliations, provide analysis, and assist the finance and leadership teams in understanding financial results. The ideal candidate has a strong attention to detail and can work quickly while maintaining high quality and accuracy.
- Responsible for general ledger accounting including accounts receivable, cash application, billing, collections, vendor payments, and journal entries
- Review and approve expense reports
- Assist in month-end close process
- Review transactions to ensure proper accounting treatment and allocation of expenses to various departments
- Provide support for audits
- Complete various ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- 1-2 years of accounting experience
- Basic understanding of US GAAP
- Public accounting experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy
- Knowledge of GL software packages (Sage Intacct preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Why we love G2 Crowd
G2 Crowd was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. G2 Crowd is a place where people can be authentic and grow, find meaning and passion in work, and be motivated to succeed by a supportive group of coworkers. We pride ourselves on creating an environment where people can enjoy coming to work every day, by supporting our employees in their professional and personal lives.