We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. With almost 1M active users last year, we incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history. After just closing a $20 million series C round of funding, we’re fueled for growth. We’re ready to enhance our product offering, extend our position in the education and training industry, and scale our (humble) team.
We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our own office.
About the role:
We are looking for a hardworking, ambitious Staff Accountant to support our growing operations in Chicago. In this role you will support the day-to-day accounting function as it relates to Treasury and A/R, as well as assist the Finance and Accounting team with future growth initiatives and projects.
Some challenges you’ll tackle:
- Process daily invoicing, analyze spend and prepare G/L entries.
- Assist in the review and validation of trade spend deductions against promotions and customer contracts.
- Interact with customers daily regarding open balances and any ongoing issues.
- Assist with the entire A/R process including collections, processing, payments, posting daily cash and revenue recognition.
- Maintain accurate trade accruals and support the Sales and Revenue Management team with monitoring promotional periods.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting; CPA preferred.
- Have 1-3 years in accounting or auditing; public accounting experience preferred.
- Be a team player with a positive attitude towards contributing and learning.
- Have thorough knowledge and experience in the areas of financial statement preparation, GAAP, and revenue recognition.
- Have advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working in accounting systems (NetSuite, Intacct, Quickbooks, etc.) strongly preferred.
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We tend to eat our (free) lunch together - not because we have to, but because we want to. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also everyday in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, we have all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Built in Chicago’s 50 Best Small Companies to Work For in 2019, and Crain’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.