Staff Accountant at All Campus
All Campus partners with world-leading universities to recruit qualified students for online degree and certificate programs. With a leadership team that brings decades of experience in education, we offer a robust set of data-driven marketing, enrollment, retention and technology services.
We create value for our clients by expanding their reach and cultivating relationships with students to advance their lives and their careers. Higher education institutions — including Teachers College, Columbia University, DePaul and Purdue — partner with us for the level of service we provide and our commitment to serving the higher education sector.
Our focus on providing an excellent level of service to both our clients and their students is integrated into every level of our organization through our core values. These values represent not only our commitment to our clients, but to each other. They are a huge part of what has made us one of the best places to work in Chicago, according to both Crain’s Chicago Business and Built In Chicago.
Our values are:
We are tenacious. We set realistic goals for our clients and ourselves, and work diligently to beat them.
New ideas excite us. We support employees’ curiosity by empowering them to pursue new skills and opportunities.
Just Say It
We welcome candid, open, honest, and constructive feedback across every level of the organization. We advise our students and clients with sincerity and their best interests at heart.
We have a strict ‘hire nice people’ policy. We truly care about our colleagues, clients, and students. We celebrate our successes and help each other learn from our mistakes.
We’re obsessed with efficiency. We push ourselves to get more with less without sacrificing our professional standards. This drives innovation and, most importantly in higher ed, drives down costs making education more accessible to all.
We problem solve with enthusiasm and camaraderie in the face of challenges. We believe that if anyone can figure it out, it’s us. We are flexible and resilient. We willingly adapt, and we bounce back from adversity with ease.
The Accountant will work closely with the Senior Accountant and VP of Finance in a general accounting role to reconcile company payments, book client billings, payroll expenses, and create other financial reports as needed. Qualified candidates ideally have at least 3 years of experience at a Big Four or similar work situation, must be able to multitask, be extremely organized, with superior Microsoft Excel and Quickbooks experience.
This is a high-visibility role, with company-wide perspective and influence. The ideal candidate will demonstrate project ownership and initiative paired with a solid foundation of technical skill and accounting knowledge.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support VP of Finance with driving monthly close functions:
- Reconcile credit card and bank statements and upload transactions into Quickbooks using existing Excel models.
- Record and reconcile payroll entries.
- Manage expense reports and reconcile to credit cards.
- Other monthly close tasks as assigned.
- Assist with client billing:
- Reconcile student reporting from university clients to accounting database.
- Own invoicing process and liaison with enrollment services staff to ensure seamless billing process.
- Payroll reconciliation:
- Reconcile bi-weekly payroll reporting from PayChex to Quickbooks.
- Benefits and 401(k) reconciliation.
- Assist with annual close reporting and annual audit.
- This position does not require supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE an equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent. MBA or CPA preferred
- Minimum of one to three years of accounting work experience required, Big Four accounting firm or similar work experience preferred
- Minimum of one to two years of working experience in QuickBooks required; current knowledge of QuickBooks a must
- Experience managing expense reporting through software such as Concur or Expensify preferred, but not required
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Google suite of products (Google Calendar, Gmail, Google Drive); superior knowledge of Microsoft excel (pivot tables, lookup formulas, macros) a must. Experience with SQL, Transaction Pro Importer, QODBC, Microsoft Access a plus.
- Must be able to communicate professionally via email, phone and in person with both employees and outside vendors