Staff Accountant at DRW
Our formula for success is to hire exceptional people, encourage their ideas and reward their results.
As Staff Accountant, you will have an opportunity to rapidly develop your accounting and analysis skills in a fast-paced and technology-driven environment that is made of up a diverse set of trading businesses and other private investments.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Perform daily General Ledger functions such as cash and account reconciliation, booking depreciation, and income and expense accruals to support month-end close
- Assist with preparation of financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Respond to requests from regulators and external auditors
- Maintain high level of data integrity of financial information amongst complex accounting and back office systems
- Participate in month-end close process over several legal entities
- Lead ad-hoc projects and create ad-hoc reports as needed
What you bring to the team:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field graduating between December 2019 and June 2020.
- Able to communicate effectively and work well in teams
- Strongly proficient in use of Excel (preferred)
- Knowledgeable in GAAP
- Self-motivated and enjoy challenges and responsibility
- Very detail-oriented and possess strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and effectively manage changing priorities
- Previous accounting internship experience preferred
- Previous experience working with Great Plains or other accounting software preferred
DRW is a technology-driven, diversified principal trading firm. We trade our own capital at our own risk, across a broad range of asset classes, instruments and strategies, in financial markets around the world. As the markets have evolved over the past 25 years, so has DRW – maximizing opportunities to include real estate, cryptoassets and venture capital. With nearly 1,000 employees at our Chicago headquarters and offices around the world, we work together to solve complex problems, challenge consensus and deliver meaningful results. It’s a place of high expectations, deep curiosity and thoughtful collaboration.
For more information about DRW's processing activities and our use of job applicants' data, please view our Privacy Notice at https://drw.com/privacy-notice.
California residents, please review the California Privacy Notice for information about certain legal rights at https://drw.com/california-privacy-notice.