Staff Accountant at Litera Microsystems
We are looking for a sharp, driven Staff Accountant who has a passion for technology and working with people to solve problems. We are a fast-paced, growing company with heaps of opportunities for learning.
The Staff Accountant will be leading the Accounts Receivable and assisting with the Accounts Payable processes ensuring timely and accurate completion. The position is also responsible for daily cash entries, account reconciliation and variance analysis. The successful candidate will be assisting the Senior Accountant and Accounting Manager with the preparation of monthly financial analysis, month end close, annual audits, completion of tax returns and other compliance measures.
What It Takes:
- Relentless pursuit of excellence
- Attention to detail
- Quick thinking
- Strong initiative, drive and self-direction
- Being comfortable in a fast-moving and quickly-changing environment
- Partnering with others to accomplish goals
- Strong integrity in work and in interpersonal communication
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Pay vendor invoices in accordance with department policies and deadlines, ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Lead all aspects of Billing/Accounts Receivable function by processing and billing customers in accordance with department policies and deadlines, ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Responsible for all collection, reconciliation and reporting related to the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions.
- Acquire and maintain vendor and customer supporting documentation including W-9 forms, sales tax exemption forms, etc.
- Manage the cash application process to ensure timely reporting of customer accounts
- Ensure active engagement with internal sales and external client to optimize cash receipts, and minimize AR aging profile and bad debt expense
- Assists in month-end close as directed by Senior Accountant and Accounting Manager, including but not limited to A/P, A/R, bank reconciliation, general ledger management and account sheet reconciliations
- Other ad hoc projects as needed such as bank RFPs, vendor payment method optimization and Accounts Payable and Billing automation
- A bachelor's degree and 0-2 years of Accounting or related experience
- CPA a plus
- Proficient in Word and Excel (basic formulas, v-lookups, and pivot tables)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Solid knowledge of accounting terminology and practices
- Robust organizational and analytical skills
- Effective time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness and detect errors
- Ability to generate new ideas and think independently
- Demonstrated ethical behavior to maintain discretion and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive and confidential material
- Experience with NetSuite and Salesforce (month-end close, receivables) a plus
Who We Are:
Litera Microsystems is the leading provider of software for drafting, proofreading, comparing, repairing and cleaning documents in the legal and life sciences industries worldwide. Our core products empower users to generate, review, and distribute high-quality content quickly and securely, from any device. Today, Litera Microsystems supports thousands of document-intensive organizations across the globe, helping them satisfy the complex demands of clients and regulators.