Growth with a Purpose
OppLoans is a team of caring and inventive “Opptimists” with diverse perspectives and backgrounds. OppLoans employees approach every new challenge with an unparalleled ability to see what could be rather than settle for what is. We want people to be excited to come to work every morning and know they are a part of something great. That’s why we prize collaboration, collegiality, and letting the best ideas win the day.
What you get to do:
- Manage assigned accounting responsibilities
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Post journal entries, complete account reconciliations, and manage select ledger accounts across multiple entities
- Analyze general ledger transactions and accounts, using technical judgment, to ensure that financial transactions are recorded
- Assist with month-end and year-end close
- Prepare information for financial audits
- Help develop internal processes to improve the financial reporting process
- Keep organized records
- Perform other accounting, financial, or administrative office responsibilities
- Familiarity and working knowledge of general ledger systems
- Work with departments to determine workflows and resolve issues
- Assist Controller and Assistant Controller with monthly closing process
- Collaborate with Controller and Assistant Controller to manage reporting / filings
- Ad-hoc financial analysis including potential for inter-department projects
What you will bring to the team:
- At least 2 years of work experience in accounting/financial reporting, public accounting experience a plus
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Ability to adapt to multiple cloud based/on line financial platforms to execute reports
- Reconciliation skills
- The willingness to take on new tasks and broaden scope of responsibilities
- Proficient in Excel, including vlookups and pivot tables
- Proficient in accounting software, experience with Sage Intacct a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
Employees Love Working Here
Customers love our product
OppLoans is an equal opportunity employer. OppLoans does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.