Staff Accountant at Productive Edge
Productive Edge is expanding its Finance Department and hiring a full-time Staff Accountant based in Chicago. The Staff Accountant role is an exciting opportunity to familiarize yourself with multiple accounting processes and leverage your existing knowledge as part of a leading tech company. You will work directly with the Finance Manager to ensure the company's financial functions run smoothly and efficiently.
- Day-to-day accounting functions as a direct report to the Finance Manager
- Assist the Finance Manager with month-end and year-end close tasks and financial reporting
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of bank accounts, company credit cards, and assigned balance sheet accounts
- Maintain general ledger transactions and accounts, including journal entries and monthly accruals.
- Manage services billing system including project billing, rate cards management, client records and contracts
- Manage accounts receivable processes, including preparation and distribution of client invoices, and client payment collection
- Manage accounts payable, including vendor W9s and invoice processes. Reconcile invoiced contractor hours to billing system.
- Assist the Finance Manager to process weekly vendor payments
- Prepare ad hoc reports for delivery directors, executive team
- Perform other related duties or ad hoc projects
To excel in this role at Productive Edge, you would possess the following experiences and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience required
- 1-3 years of professional accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Ability to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Proficient in Excel, Google Suite
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Proactive and self-motivated to work independently to achieve both individual and department goals
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to compare data from a variety of sources for accuracy and completeness and detect errors.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential material
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Capable of meeting time management and prioritization needs
- Ability to communicate and coordinate effectively across multiple departments
- Experience with accounting software, Quickbooks preferred
- Ability to adapt to multiple cloud-based/online tools
- Professional experience in a startup and/or technical environment is extremely valuable but not required
About Productive Edge
Productive Edge is a Chicago-based leader in digital transformation. As digital business consultants, we focus on digital strategy, customer experience, operations improvement, and product & services enablement. How do we do this? Through launching solutions for Data and Artificial Intelligence (AI), Intelligent Automation (IA), Internet of Things (IoT), and Cloud Native Solutions. Sounds fun, right? It gets better...and that’s where you come in!
Productive Edge offers the dynamic opportunity to use your talents in a progressive, highly-collaborative environment that values innovation and creativity. We are a culture that stays on the cusp of today’s developing and emerging technologies. Our passion, ingenuity, and dedication sets us apart from other consultants (as does our modern work atmosphere with fun outings, foosball, stocked fridge and other activities). Because we work with and develop solutions for some of the world’s most exciting brands, we are actively searching for individuals who are ready to change the way the world operates.
And if that’s not enough, Productive Edge has been featured as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, included in Crain’s Fast 50, and is a regular on Inc. 5000.