Tax Accountant at Green Thumb Industries (GTI)
!Sorry, this job was removed at 4:26 p.m. (CST) on Friday, February 14, 2020
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
As a Tax Accountant at GTI, you will be responsible for supporting Taxation, Risk, and Treasury operations on our Finance team. GTI operates in a highly regulated and constantly changing environment that demands sharp, critical thinking and an ability to adapt. You will be asked to wear several different hats and find yourself working on projects and in fields you may be unfamiliar with to support the business’s constant growth.
- Support implementation of GTI’s strategy to maintain compliance and mitigate impact of Section 280E from a federal and state perspective
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of all state and local taxes: real estate, personal property, sales and use, and excise taxes
- Support the preparation of all income tax provisions for financial reporting purposes
- Consult and advise on the tax and risk impact of all potential mergers and acquisitions
- Aid in implementing and rolling out GTI’s new insurance, risk, and loss control program with the help of outside brokers
- Organize and maintain all treasury functions and support the field in the implementation of safe and secure cash transport operations
- Assist in any and all special projects and process improvements that support the rapid growth of the business
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business-related field, Master’s Degree or CPA certification, preferred
- 3+ years experience in a Tax Role
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel and MS Office required
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Willing to take on new challenges in a field where there may not be familiarity
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.
Read Full Job Description