At Paylocity, we create software that makes companies – especially their HR teams – better, faster, and stronger. We give clients the tools they need to make their companies run, and give our employees a rewarding company culture – all putting us in a category of our own. Join us and learn what makes us unique!
We’re a fast-growing company ready to revolutionize the payroll and HR world for hundreds of thousands of businesses by delivering innovative technology and support. We seek the best and brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees. Our own employees are equally important to us: We work hard to provide the best work environment for our employees, and are dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
The Corporate Tax Department at Paylocity is responsible for filing all tax returns for the company related to income, franchise, sales & use, and personal property, as well as miscellaneous filings with various governmental agencies. The department is also responsible for preparing a quarterly tax provision and tax footnote for the company’s 10-Qs and 10-K with the SEC. The Tax Analyst’s main responsibility will be the filing of the company’s sales tax returns in 40+ states, as well as other minor filings. The Tax Analyst will be able to assist the Tax Supervisor with other tasks related to income tax and audits.
- Preparation of monthly sales & use tax reconciliations and returns, including monthly reconciliation of sales tax liability account
- Preparation of monthly Ohio CAT, Washington B&O tax returns
- File local business license registrations and annual renewals
- Assist in preparation of annual personal property tax returns
- File annual reports and assist in initial registrations
- Assist with Federal, state, and local income tax return preparation and filing
- Assist with tax audits, as needed
- Assist with input of fixed assets into tax depreciation software
- Respond to tax notices from various governmental agencies
- Monitor the tax compliance calendar to ensure all filings are completed timely
- Any other tasks as needed
- Up to three years of tax experience (sales tax experience, public accounting or large corporation experience a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field (CPA a plus)
- Intermediate to advanced level experience with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic company in the technology industry
- Ability to work independently with good communication skills across organizational functions
- Attention to detail and an ability to organize and multitask
Our award-winning culture has made this the place employees want to be. We have plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career within Paylocity, and offer benefits like Tuition Reimbursement so you can continue to learn and develop your skills. You could say our growth game is strong. We also reward hard work with a flexible, casual work environment and plenty of perks. From picnics, to game nights, to holiday parties, there’s no shortage of ways to have fun.
We also offer the following benefits and perks:
· Competitive pay
· Comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
· Flexible work hours
· Paid Parental Leave
· Ample volunteer opportunities and events
· Health and wellness program
· Stock purchasing options (NASDAQ: PCTY)
Visit Paylocity.com/careers to learn more about working at Paylocity. Also be sure to check out what past and present employees have to say about us and our CEO on Glassdoor. Check out our many Awards here!!
Learn more about us and stay connected: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Glassdoor.
At Paylocity, “We” is what makes us different. We are committed to fostering a culture that honors diverse opinions, perspectives, and backgrounds, knowing that each makes us stronger and collectively unbeatable together. We actively cultivate these differences as we engage each other in driving innovation in the software and services we provide our customers. Paylocity is an equal opportunity employer.